The FPMT Translation Fund
|May this text be most beneficial for all sentient beings. May it cause all sentient beings to achieve enlightenment as quickly as possible. May anyone who sees this text, hears, or dreams about this text never be reborn in the lower realms. May they immediately be freed from all disease, spirit harms, negative karma, and defilements, and then achieve enlightenment in that very life.|
As the Dharma takes root in the West, clear and accurate translations of the classic texts are essential. The FPMT Translation Fund supports this critical work with translation from the original Tibetan into English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Mongolian, and other languages. These translations support FPMT's Masters and Basic Programs as well providing essential practice materials that have been advised by Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Recently sponsored translation workincludes:
- Gyaltsab Je’s Ornament of Essential Explanation (rNam bshad snying po rgyan)
- The Dalai Lama’s books, Essence of the Heart Sutra and The Meaning of Life in Vietnamese
- Translation offices in France, Spain, and Brazil translating FPMT practices and course materials
- Translation of Sanghata Sutra and Golden Light Sutra into eleven languages, with more to come!
- Je Tsongkhapa’s Lam-rim Chenmo in Chinese
- Je Tsongkhapa’s Middling Lam-rim (Lam rim ‘bring ba) in German and English
For a list of FPMT translations completed (Feb 2011) please click here.
We are currently seeking individual benefactors and support for these texts:
- FPMT Basic Program Translations »
- FPMT Masters Program Translations »
- Lam Rim Chenmo (Chinese) Translation »
- Pilgrimage Series »
- Vietnamese Translations »
Please enjoy Mandala's magazine article on Education Fund (Oct-Dec, 2009)
Sponsoring translations of Dharma texts is an incredible way to accumulate the positive energy of merit. Thank you for your support!
For more information on the FPMT Translation Fund, contact the Education Department.
The FPMT Translation Fund is a project of FPMT Inc. All donations made to the fund are tax-deductible within the United States in accordance with IRS Code article 501(C)(3) to the extent allowed by law.