Education Scholarship and Development Fund
Supporting Talent and Creative Initiative
|Having Dharma knowledge and understanding Dharma is like a clear crystal; not only that, it is enriched with compassion and a special attitude, like bodhisattvas who take full responsibility alone to liberate countless sentient beings from the most unbearable oceans of suffering of samara.|
Qualified Western teachers and practitioners are essential to the successful transmission of the Dharma to the West. FPMT Education has developed a wide range of educational programs to meet the needs of every student, and continues to develop new programs that preserve the lineage and educate the next generation.
The Education Scholarship and Development Fund provides the funding needed to create our comprehensive educational programs and helps financially support students in our programs around the world who are on track to become FPMT Dharma teachers, meditators, and practitioners.
A few of the projects we have recently supported include:
- Creation of the Masters Program at Istituto Lama Tzong Khapa, Italy
- Creation of the Basic Program, now hosted at twenty-nine FPMT centers around the world and available as a homestudy program.
- Scholarships to Masters Program students from France, USA, Canada, and Italy
- Scholarships to students of Maitripa College’s Advanced Buddhist Studies Program, USA
- Creation of Discovering Buddhism, now hosted at over 100 FPMT centers around the world, and available as a homestudy program.
- Teacher Training Workshop in Europe
- Basic Program pilot course at Chenrezig Institute, Australia
|My years at Maitripa College have been an invaluable and transforming experience for me personally, spiritually, and academically. It is only because of FPMT’s scholarship that I have been able to receive this education. My deep gratitude goes to the inexhaustibly kind guide Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche and to the work of FPMT for offering such generous support to me and fellow students.|
Please enjoy Mandala magazine's article on Education Fund (Oct-Dec, 2009)
The opportunity to receive a Dharma education is most precious. Please help us educate and support the next generation of great teachers and practitioners!
For more information please contact the FPMT Education Services Director at the Education Department
The Education Scholarship and Development Fund is a project of FPMT Inc.