Merit Box Distribution 2005
The Merit Box is a wonderful tool - it helps us develop our practice of generosity and it helps Lama Zopa Rinpoche to fund valuable projects, thereby helping to fulfill Rinpoche's amazing vision - so it is a great cause for rejoicing on many levels!
The Merit Box collection for 2005 was a great success. We now have participants working through sixty centers around the world.
Our goal this year is to involve many more FPMT centers and study groups in this exciting project.
Thank you so much to all of you who participated and to the Merit Box Coordinators who have worked so hard to make this a success.
The merit box is an easy simple way to benefit so many of Rinpoche's projects. It's something that everyone can do, because let's face it we all have a little spare change!
Your Generosity Distributed
When we practice generosity, we are applying the exact antidote to attachment.
The amount collected for 2005 from Merit Boxes around the world amounted to US$68,000.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche is very pleased and has now distributed the entire amount to the following projects and centers:
- Essential Education $10,000
- Pilgrimage to Tibet "Pilgrim Mind" video $ 6,000
- Land of Calm Abiding (our long retreat center in the USA)* $ 5,000
- Adele Hulse, Lama Yeshe Biography $ 5,000
- FPMT Education Dept: Meditating on the Lam Rim $15,000
- 100,000 Stupa Project, Land of Medicine Buddha, USA $ 1,000
- Shedrup Ling Monastery, Australia $ 1,000
- MAITRI Leprosy Project, Bodhgaya for education $ 1,000
- Teacher Education in Kopan $ 1,000
- FPMT Center Services - Design and Translation $ 3,000
- Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archives $ 3,000
- Support for the Reincarnation of Geshe Sengye $ 2,000
- Lama Tsongkhapa Statue, Shakyamuni Center, Taiwan $ 5,000
- Statues at Nalanda Monastery, France $ 5,000
- Chenrezig Institute Basic Program $ 5,000
For additional information, please contact us at The Merit Box Project
Please note that we have a new depository account and a new address in Portland, Oregon, USA.
*Explanations for this project and of other projects can be found at http://www.fpmt.org/projects/