Light of the Path, 2013
Please check back here for future details on the next Light of the Path teaching event with Lama Zopa Rinpoche. Information will be posted here as it becomes available.
About This Program
The primary intention of the Living in the Path program is to preserve the teaching and practice lineage of Lama Thubten Yeshe, the founder of FPMT (the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition) and Lama Zopa Rinpoche, FPMT’s Spiritual Director. As such, the program will draw almost exclusively on the teachings of these two lamas.
Living in the Path will be a continually evolving program, with materials from both lamas being added each year. The initial curriculum and course material is drawn from Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s “Light of the Path” teachings, an annual teaching event hosted by Kadampa Center in North Carolina, USA.
Living in the Path on the FPMT Online Learning Center
A number of Living in the Path courses are now available on the FPMT Online Center. These initial courses, or modules, are organized around edited transcripts and short video clips of Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s teachings. With some exceptions, each module will include the following components:
- An introduction to each module, including an overview of the material to be covered.
- Edited transcripts of Rinpoche’s teachings on the topic.
- Video excerpts that capture key relevant points from Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s teachings at Light of the Path.
- Practices and/or guided meditations.
- Mindfulness exercises for daily life on the topic.
- A suggested service component or karma yoga.
- Questions for discussion and contemplation for student/facilitator review.
- Helpful resources such as a suggested reading list and other references.
- An online forum for sharing comments with other students and asking questions of an elder.
It is intended that, over time, a large and dynamic virtual community of students engaging with Living in the Path resources will form worldwide, creating a network of support and inspiration for individual study and practice. In this way, it is hoped that Living in the Path becomes a cause for an awakened transformation in this world.
Support FPMT Online Learning
Your support of FPMT Online Learning is greatly appreciated. All Light of the Path teachings will be made freely available as high quality video-on-demand and downloadable MP3 audio files. Your donation will also provide the support needed to develop the Light of the Path online program.
FPMT Centers and Study Groups
All materials developed for the Living in the Path online program can also be utilized by FPMT centers and study groups to facilitate similar courses in person. Course facilitators will be selected from FPMT registered teachers who have attended the Light of the Path teaching retreat with Lama Zopa Rinpoche and are registered to facilitate Living in the Path courses in FPMT centers.
For any further questions please contact Education Services Coordinator at: Education Services.