Essential Practices for the Time of Death
Lama Zopa Rinpoche has given extensive advice on preparing for death and caring for others at the time of death.
These are Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s Heart Practices to perform when someone is dying or has died. The Medicine Buddha Puja and 8 Prayers are included here as downloads, as these are the most essential practices to do. These practices and many more for assisting others at the time of death are included in the book, Heart Practices for Death and Dying.
- Heart Practices for Death and Dying
- 8 Prayers to Benefit the Dead (reader) (LTR)
- 8 Prayers to Benefit the Dead (reader) (A4)
- Medicine Buddha Puja (reader) (LTR)
- Medicine Buddha Puja (reader) (A4)
- Additional Practices to Benefit the Dead (LTR)
- Additional Practices to Benefit the Dead (A4)
- Mantras to Place on a Dead Body (LTR)
Rinchhen Tsugtor Verse
At the Light of the Path retreat in 2010, Rinpoche commented that this verse is the very first thing to recite in a person or animal’s ear when they are dead or dying.